« Home | Yeah, yeah... » | The Hive » | The cost of proficiency? » | So damn bored » | Bad idea » | Falling into place » | Einstein quotes » | Tick-tock » | Strike? » | New in news... kinda... » 

Friday, April 21, 2006 

So cool

Guess where I am?

I'm at the computer at my desk in my office.

I 'took possession' yesterday and have been doing formal transition all week. Yesterday's big thing was meeting the university's public affairs department. Today I met the majority of the executive team for next year's student government. Monday I meet the vice-presidents of the university and maybe the president.

My first volunteer came in today to pick up some CDs to review for the first issue. (Thanks Ian.)

My production staff comes in next Friday to start training, which I'm setting up now.

Production on the first paper starts the following Thursday, with our first issue hitting stands the Thursday after that.

I'm ridiculously pumped.