« Home | Tick-tock » | Strike? » | New in news... kinda... » | Pok » | Malfunction! » | Midnight could come a little quicker » | Bullshit » | Unpleasant » | Shoot me now » | R&R » 

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 

Einstein quotes

Quotations are like crack for me. Which is why sites like Brainy Quote are dangerous.

Anyway, that site attributes all of the following to Albert Einstein. There are a ton more on the site, but these are the ones that stick out to me:

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."

"As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue."

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation and is but a reflection of human frailty."

"I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it."

"I do not believe in the God of theology who rewards good and punishes evil."

"I do not believe that civilization will be wiped out in a war fought with the atomic bomb. Perhaps two-thirds of the people of the earth will be killed."

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."

"If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor."

"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong."

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile."

"Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person. "

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."