« Home | New in news... kinda... » | Pok » | Malfunction! » | Midnight could come a little quicker » | Bullshit » | Unpleasant » | Shoot me now » | R&R » | Four (more ore less) » | I'm full up » 

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 

Strike?

The upside of the strike is that I'm able to spend a lot of time at the place I'll be working next year job shadowing the guy who currently has my job.

I know my paranoia over identifying details often makes for convoluted sentences like the previous one. That's not likely to change, so if it bothers you, better get used to it.

As I was saying, I'm getting a lot of excellent experience and the job hasn't even started yet.

Last Thursday I spent all day in meetings. There was one with the business and advertising managers where we set the production schedule for next year, another with the current editor in chief about transition stuff, another with all three of those plus the prepress manager and the operations manager at the local daily where we print the paper, another with the hiring committee for next year's staff and a last one with the finance and equipment committee to start the budget process for next year.

This past weekend I took part in the shortlisting of job applicants for next year's staff. Today I'm job shadowing the current editor. Tomorrow night, Saturday and Sunday we're interviewing for next year's staff.

All in all, I'm having a hell of a lot of fun.

you've got gmail...

Kyle, is that comment really old or is gmail being really slow?

Post a Comment