« Home | The cost of proficiency? » | So damn bored » | Bad idea » | Falling into place » | Einstein quotes » | Tick-tock » | Strike? » | New in news... kinda... » | Pok » | Malfunction! » 

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 

The Hive

There is a circle of pink fluid drying on my right forearm, about an inch from where a doctor would check my pulse.

Underneath it is an itchy hive that shouldn't be there.

I used to get hives when I was a kid, but I grew out of that allergy. I was allergic to a long list of things that I've since forgotten. Except for the peanutbutter, which was hell because I lived off it. In the last few months I've had three or four hives.

The calomine lotion is starting to take effect. Wonderful stuff.

To help me figure out the problem, I'm recording today's food intake. I'll be doing this whenever I get hives. You've been warned.

Breakfast: Nada. Decided food was less important than being on time for work.

Lunch: Curry chicken and basmati rice.

Mid-afternoon snack & beverage: Layered nacho dip (cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, some kind of cayenne pepper stuff and nachos) and a rye & diet coke.

Dinner: Spaghetti, tomato sauce (with Garden Select, red wine & ground beef).

Dinner, part 2: Ham, beans, sherried cherries.

After dinner drinks: Copious amounts of Amaretto.

Jeeze, what the hell have you been up to? All that drinking is making me nostalgic for the Ontarion.

The nachos and rye were part of an afternoon 'meeting' at Lorrie's with this year's business staff.

The Amaretto was just me wanting to sip something poisonously tasty after getting back.

I anticipate a lot of alcohol this year.

Post a Comment