« Home | So damn bored » | Bad idea » | Falling into place » | Einstein quotes » | Tick-tock » | Strike? » | New in news... kinda... » | Pok » | Malfunction! » | Midnight could come a little quicker » 

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 

The cost of proficiency?

While I know my time at Humber has made me a much better writer and editor, I feel as if I've traded technical proficiency for creativity and passion.

That sucks.

Trust me as someone who has been doing the same thing for years - the creativity and passion will come back. It's like being happy; it's never constant. You can't assure yourself of either, you can just make sure you've got things set up so as to take advantage of them when they're around. As long as you haven't burned yourself out totally (which really, I doubt you have), you've probably made a good trade.

I think, and hope, you're right. It's just kind of maddening.

Post a Comment