« Home | Models are so fake » | Harm reduction approach to extreme alcoholics » | Entertainment? » | Lego Star WarsToo long, but amusing nonetheless. ... » | This school hates me » | With regards » | So I'm flipping through the Sun... » | Almost there » | POK... » | Guns, guns, guns » 

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 

Saigo

I have a blue-purple iridescent fighting fish named Saigo.

He’s named for Saigo Takamori, the historical figure that inspired the movie The Last Samurai. I bought him in Guelph the day of Alex’s funeral.

Saigo’s sick, but seems to be getting better.

He’s bloated, and I’m told it’s probably a swim bladder problem that is caused by overfeeding. Which doesn’t surprise me since when I’m in Guelph, one or both of my parents feed him. I know they tended to give him a more than he needs and with both of them feeding I’m sure he got fed more often than necessary.

We didn’t feed him for four days and the bloating went down a lot. Now he's only being fed once a day. We’ll see.