« Home | Almost there » | POK... » | Guns, guns, guns » | It's fun, trust me » | Fun with words and dictionaries » | POK » | Christmas? » | About my previous post » | This is who I am » | Cool, not cool » 

Friday, December 09, 2005 

So I'm flipping through the Sun...

On page five there's a bloody hilarious headline on a column with a photo of three handguns:

Harper, it's a trap

The paper version has a deck (sub headline) that clears things up a little:

Paul Martin's handgun ban is just trick to make the Tories look like 'right-wing gun-lovers'

Jer was working at the computer beside me when I started laughing. He looked over and started laughing too. Nicole came over to see what the fuss was about.

Jer covered Harper's name with a hand so the only part that could be seen was 'it's a trap.'

"That's the first thing I saw and all I heard in my head was Admiral Akbar from Star Wars saying, 'It's a trap! Pull up!'"

It's actually a pretty good column.

Meh. The writing is about normal Sun quality.

My first reaction to the headline was hoping that they used Ackbar for the photo, but no such luck.

I wasn't rating the writing, but the points made compared to what I would expect from the Sun.

Post a Comment