« Home | Ellis vs. Whedon » | Two years later » | Saigo » | Models are so fake » | Harm reduction approach to extreme alcoholics » | Entertainment? » | Lego Star WarsToo long, but amusing nonetheless. ... » | This school hates me » | With regards » | So I'm flipping through the Sun... » 

Thursday, February 23, 2006 

Beams and hatches

I'm going through video game withdrawal. I've been at Christa's parents' in Mississauga for the last two days and unable to play. Adding narrative to video games was a dangerously brilliant move.

I'm itching to dive back into the game. I just acquired another type of weapon (a light beam of some sort). The hatches on the planet my character's ship crashed on are protected by different kinds of forcefields. Each type of forcefield can be disrupted by only one kind of beam weapon. So, if you don't have the required beam weapon, you can't get through the hatch in question. With a new beam weapon a whole new segment of the facility is open to me.

Should have brought it with me.