« Home | The Code Project » | Popcorn » | Sated » | Why? » | Return of the Villain » | Blast from the past » | An imperfect window, but a window nonetheless » | Meaning » | Three months ain't bad » | What!? » 

Thursday, October 07, 2004 

Sleep

We try to leave the apartment every morning at 7:15 a.m. We hope on the Bathurst bus, take it south to Bathurst station, ride the subway west to Kipling, then take a bus up 27 to Humber.

This morning my alarm woke me at 6:15 a.m. I turned it off. I blinked. I blinked again. Jer knocked on my door and asked if it was up. I looked at the clock, saw it was 7:00 a.m. and swore loudly and stumbled blearily to the shower.

Some variation of this has played out every morning this week.

Which is why for my first ever service piece for magazine writing class, I'm writing a how-to-wake-up-early-feeling-refreshed piece.