« Home | What!? » | How am I? You sure you want to know? » | The End. » | Twitchy's a bad thing » | Houdini's a whiner » | Discretionary calories? » | [Note: Claire's cat Channy, a big white poof-ball ... » | One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish... or not » | Canada takes second medal » | Sports » 

Tuesday, September 28, 2004 

Three months ain't bad

I walked away from The Bishop & Belcher a couple weeks back with a classmate. A bunch of us from our class had gathered for drinks and hijinks.

"That was fun," she said.

"Yeah," I said. "But I was kind of bored a couple times through the night. I think I need to do something this pesky sobriety habit."

Well, now I have.

My break from alcohol was originally going to last until Christmas. Things changed. My main reason went away about a week before the above night happened. Another week passed. I thought carefully. I ended the break.

I'm satisfied with three months.