« Home | New blog to read » | I do like my job » | Zidane » | Why? » | New addition » | jkl; fsd jkl;f » | Management myth » | This is my 500th post » | Good thing I majored in sociology (well, a sub-dis... » | Locus of control » 

Friday, July 14, 2006 

Little Napoleon

I think I have a new favourite site.

As a designer, I want Napoleon on the assigning desk. When I see a budgeted length for a story, I want that story to fit that length. Don t give me a story at 10 p.m. that s twice as long. I ll likely have to cut it in half and let the copy desk sort out the mess.

On an unrelated note, my computer is having an issue. It is not letting me use a bunch of keys. Like the apostrophe or backslash keys or the cut and past function. As a result, I cannot cut and paste the above quote (typed it out), type anything with an apostrophe, cut and paste the link into the hyperlink tag, or type the url into that tag by hand. I will fix this link tomorrow when everything is running smoothly. In the meantime, if you are desparate to read that article, the url is there, but with a space where the backslashes will have to be inserted.

Edit: And for some reason it is showing the url of my blog before the one without the backslashes. Odd.

Second edit: There, that should fix things. I'm not putting the apostrophes in though.