« Home | It returns » | State of the union » | Muffins » | Damn it » | [Snarls] » | An end » | Carapace » | That feeling in the pit of your gut » | Greatly exaggerated » | Top slang from a random site » 

Sunday, May 01, 2005 

It returns, part two

Different 'it'.

This time 'it' was a kidney stone.

Long-time readers will remember two things: (1) I've done this before and (2) it's an intensely unpleasant (i.e. painful) experience.

Rest assured, last night's wasn't nearly as bad as last year's. If the big one from last year rated as a 10 on my pain scale (of 1 to 10, 10 being the worst pain I've ever experienced), then last night spiked at about a 3. Maybe a 4.

It did, however, mean that after watching (and enjoying) Elektra with Christa, we got to spend the rest of the night in the ER.

I passed the stone while waiting to be seen and by the time I was poked and prodded by the young blonde doctor with the almost perfect poker face, the pain was almost gone.

The night wasn't a total loss. I scored a perscription for Percocet to manage any lingering pain.

Woot.