« Home | Damn it » | [Snarls] » | An end » | Carapace » | That feeling in the pit of your gut » | Greatly exaggerated » | Top slang from a random site » | Every damn time » | Gotta love the Irish » | Behold! The walking, swimming whale thing! » 

Monday, April 25, 2005 

Muffins

I've had a post about stoicism and apathy on the go since last week. I was going to finish it off now but something more important came up.

One of my banana muffins blew up.

I'm making a half dozen of them now. They're the extremely easy kind. You just add water to a mix, put the batter into a muffin tin and bake. They say you should only fill each thing a little, but when you do that your muffins are a little stunted. What you have to do is fill them almost to the top. That way the muffin rises and you get the great rounded muffin tops.

I just checked on them and something went wrong with one.

You can see that it was starting to rise in a perfect dome. Then the side split and the soft muffin insides gooshed out. But I was lucky. It gooshed on the inside side, so it didn't go over the edge of the tin.

Oh well. It'll still taste good after it's done baking.