« Home | Carapace » | That feeling in the pit of your gut » | Greatly exaggerated » | Top slang from a random site » | Every damn time » | Gotta love the Irish » | Behold! The walking, swimming whale thing! » | Fall down and worship him » | The latest » | State of my world » 

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 

An end

I wrote my last crime article of the semester this morning. Two of them, actually. And now that I don't have one to do next week, I can admit that I kind of like writing them. I dreaded sitting down to write them a lot of the time, but they're so condensed and follow such a clearcut narrative that they're very centering to write. Kind of like the journalistic equivalent of target practice. Once you know how, it's not that difficult. And the simple act of doing it focuses the mind.

You know, I'm thinking that sleeping only an hour or two last night may have been a mistake.