« Home | Rising oil » | "Teen brain syndrome"? I don't remember that one ... » | Sleep » | The Code Project » | Popcorn » | Sated » | Why? » | Return of the Villain » | Blast from the past » | An imperfect window, but a window nonetheless » 

Thursday, October 14, 2004 

Did I have a point?

I decided that last night I was going to embrace my Irish roots.

Which is why I was eating a big plate of potatoe wedges and sipping whiskey as I watched cartoons with a bunch of people.

The "whiskey" was a Canadian rye that Jer had rightfully pointed out doesn't count if you want to embrace your Irish roots. Still, it said "whiskey" on the bottle, and that was enough for me. I figured that if I was going to mix it with coke, it really didn't matter.

The cartoon was Invader Zim, and had nothing to do with embracing my heritage.

Joy had introduced Jer and I to the little inept alien invader when she bought the first two volumes on DVD the weekend of the housewarming party. Normally not a fan of cartoons, I'd been skeptical. Right up until I laughed my ass off and decided I needed to own it.

I'd made plans to watch it with Shannon from class Wednesday night but put off the purchase until the proverbial last minute.

Boom.

That was my brain crashing. I don't know where I was going with this post. I can't write anymore. I'll sum up the rest of what I was going to say and post.

Jer, Shannon and I watched a bunch of Zim last night. So did a bunch of other people I wasn't expecting. Which was cool. I drank whiskey and ate potatoes. Which was fun because it let me laugh at myself. That's always a good thing.

I'm not exactly sure why I felt I needed a great big post to convey a paragraph of information, or even why I wanted to convey that information. Screw it. I'm going to watch Roswell.