« Home | And now for something a little different » | Experiment » | Take me or leave me » | A snapshot of my life » | Lawyer takes aim at gun lobby rhetoric » | Newsflash: Treating addiction as a health problem ... » | Week 2 of Phase 2 » | The jock ethic revisited » | Week 1 of Phase 2: by the numbers » | Maybe there's something left to sort out » 

Tuesday, August 03, 2004 

I'm getting paid for this?

Friday was essentially my last day as a mailroom jockey. Today I started as a one to one worker with a boy I worked with last summer. His mom had tracked me down months ago to see if I'd go to camp with him again this summer. I jumped at the chance.

I'm not sure what made the day so good, but it was excellent. The boy, Alex, was in good spirits, the program seemed an excellent fit and everything went very smoothly. For the first time in nearly a year I'm looking forward to going to work tomorrow.