« Home | The jock ethic revisited » | Week 1 of Phase 2: by the numbers » | Maybe there's something left to sort out » | Yawn » | Phone companies suck » | "Who is this?" » | Fuck you internet » | Weeks 10 and 11: dissatisfied » | Radio sucks » | Sigh » 

Monday, July 26, 2004 

Week 2 of Phase 2

Average daily servings of...
Grains (Rec. 6-11) - 7
Fruits (Rec. 2-4) - 2
Vegetables (Rec. 3-5) - 1
Meat & alt. (Rec. 2-3) - 2
Dairy (Rec. 2-3) - 2  

Average hours of sleep per night - 7  

Total time spent...
On the bike - 3 hours, 10 minutes
At the heavy bag - 23 minutes
Walking or hiking - 2 hours  

Days I stretched - 5
Days I did kempo drills - 3  

Calisthenics split:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday - Upper body
Tuesday, Thursday - Lower body
Daily - Core (abdominals & lower back)  

Average resting heart rate - 61

Fun fact:
Thursday night while stretching I learned that if suitably warmed up, from a standing position with my legs only slightly bent I can grasp my ankles and touch my forehead to my knees.  Without much difficulty.  However, I had never tried it before, so I don't know how difficult this is to begin with.