« Home | "Who is this?" » | Fuck you internet » | Weeks 10 and 11: dissatisfied » | Radio sucks » | Sigh » | Street justice » | What the hell? » | The Cast » | She's leaving » | Weeks 7 through 9: sleepy » 

Thursday, July 08, 2004 

Phone companies suck

Tell me, if you called your phone company and told them you were moving, wouldn't you expect them to change your billing address when they change your service address? Without having to be told?

I would too. In fact, I did.

So when I called my phone company today to find out why they didn't want my money, I was more than a little ticked to find out that not only did they want it, they'd been sending bills to my old address trying to get it.

I'm sure you're asking why on earth I'd mess with a good thing - not getting a monthly phone bill since I moved - but remember, credit ratings are important. And not paying your bill on time tends to fuck with those. (Unless there's a good reason like a clerical error on the part of the company you owe money to and you raise a ruckus to make sure that's noted.) What you should be asking is why it took me so long to call them.

The twit I talked to didn't seem to understand that I wasn't going to pay late charges for a mistake I didn't make, so I called back, talked to someone in complaints and got a credit added to my account and a note put in my file explaining why two consecutive bills weren't paid.

Stupid, stupid phone companies.