« Home | What time of what day is it? » | Dawn is gorgeous » | A willing participant » | And Christa jumps into the fray » | Week four: learning » | Fuck it » | Troy is not the Illiad and I'm not upset at it for... » | LOL » | This is why I can't seem to walk away » | *sigh* » 

Monday, May 24, 2004 

Week five: working stiff

This week's training kind of got railroaded by my new job.

Monday was calisthenics and cardio. Tuesday was kempo. Wednesday I rode my bike to work, worked and rode it back. Thursday I did the same. Friday (technically Saturday) I did the same. Each shift left me with surprising new aches and pains.

Each day I did flexibility exercises. But that was mostly maintenance work. No advances made on that front this week.

The job is fairly physical and I managed to screw up my right wrist the first night with the repetitive nature of stuffing newspapers with flyers. It's still sore. Hopefully I recover by the time I start back to work on Tuesday.

The bike riding was good exercise too, especially the ride up Gordon hill.

My resting heart rate is currently 60 beats per minute.

My diet was good, though it's a good thing I've got a new job because my appetite is getting to be quite large.

If I thought my sleep patterns were screwed up before, I don't know how to describe them now. Wednesday night was the last regular sleep I got. I didn't sleep Thursday night at all, instead sleeping from 8am to 6pm on Friday. I slept from 9am to 4pm Saturday. And from 2am to noon Sunday.

Starting Tuesday I have to be at work every day for 7:15am. That'll force me to correct my sleep patterns.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to bed.