« Home | And Christa jumps into the fray » | Week four: learning » | Fuck it » | Troy is not the Illiad and I'm not upset at it for... » | LOL » | This is why I can't seem to walk away » | *sigh* » | Fine, let's do this » | I hate these discussions » | Powell: Troops would leave Iraq should Iraqis ask » 

Monday, May 17, 2004 

A willing participant

I just spoke to Ian and he pointed out that I'd been making it seem that he'd been forcing me to participate in this weekend's Troy debate against my will.

And if he thought that, then others probably did too.

So let's set the record straight.

Ian did not force me to participate and I never meant to imply otherwise. I chose to participate of my own free will.

However, while it was a free choice, it was a reluctant one.

I don't enjoy dissecting movies like that, but I also disagreed with some of the things he was saying. Just like he disagreed with some of what I was saying. My disagreement and desire to voice it was stronger than my reluctance. But the reluctance remained.

I was trying to communicate that, not trying to imply he was forcing me into anything. I failed.