« Home | Happy Star Wars Day » | I'm unimpressed: Part 3 » | I'm unimpressed: Part 2 » | I'm unimpressed: Part 1 » | To throw, or not to throw... » | Weird » | This week's objective: money » | Week two: bundle of pain » | Reconnecting to society » | Nope, only two » 

Thursday, May 06, 2004 

No laundry today

I got up late, worked out, had breakfast and showered. Then I was going to take my laundry across the street to the laundromat.

But I checked my email and there was a message from Shannon saying she would be over for lunch.

Then Ian got a hold of me by MSN to see if I'd drive him to Kitchener this afternoon. Road trip, however brief, with a friend? You bet I will.

I still might have had time to do the laundry at that point before Shannon got here, but the phone guy came to connect our line. For those of you wondering, it's the same number as before.

The guy finished up, Shannon and I had a late lunch and joked about my dirth of food. She headed back to the lab to do assays and whatnot.

By this time it was too late to give Chris a call. He'd wanted me to take some photos of his band this afternoon if I was going to be free between 1 and 2. However, since the phone guy needed someone to be in the house, I had to be here. Shokes was going to take the later afternoon, but then the guy showed up.

Ian and Kiernan arrived, we dropped Kiernan at the school
and then made our way to Kitchener via back roads. No 401 for me. I hate freeways. Low grade phobia of being in control of a vehicle at highspeed when in close proximity to other vehicles at highspeeds. Directly related to the fatal car crash I witnessed and was nearly a part of two weeks before my 16th birthday. I can do it if I have to, but if there's a choice, I choose not to.

So we made our way from the north end of Kitchener to the south end to pick up a magnolia tree for his mom for Mother's Day - it would be funny if by some fluke she'd come across my blog through Ian's blog and actually read this before Sunday - from Home Depot.

I'd spent ten minutes on the Net reading maps and writing myself directions. We followed them. And ended up in a random parking lot convinced we were lost. After perusing the maps Kiernan keeps in the jeep, we found that we were, in fact, on the right track and just needed to keep going.

By the time we picked up the tree Ian decided we needed to get back quickly. So we took the 401.

I was very twitchy until we merged. Excellent luck, no threading needles today. After that, I was able to drive with my cushion of space around us and be happy.

Finally got 'home', picked up my bag of laundry and got an MSN message from Christa.

"Are you there?"

She was in Guelph with James, they were going to dinner with Elizabeth and leaving Guelph by 7pm. What was I doing?

They kidnapped me ten minutes later. I barely had time to put in contacts, run my fingers through this mop I call my hair (I badly need a haircut) and decide that no, I didn't have time to shave.

Christa looked fantastic, as usual. Black pants, red sleeveless shirt and glasses.

We went to the Wooly, talked, ate and did the usual dinner stuff. It didn't last nearly as long as I wanted it to, but oh well. Take what you can, right?

My god, I enjoy spending time with this woman.

They dropped me off at about 7:30pm. By 8pm, Claire was here and she, Shokes and I were watching the last episode of Friends. And then ER. And then I sat down to write this and talk on MSN. I'm going to bed now so that maybe I can get up early tomorrow.

The bag of laundry still sits on the floor two feet from my desk.