« Home | My sister's cell thinks it's a wolf » | Pasta and wine and a movie... Oh my... » | Yesterday was Earth Day » | The Weapon Project » | Week one: wad of cookie dough » | Mission accomplished » | The joy of pet stores » | I hope I never meet the god of timing » | I need an address » | Movies, movies, movies... » 

Sunday, April 25, 2004 

The Point

This blog exists for three purposes:

1. To give me an excuse to write on a regular basis.

I'm a writer. Writers write. This lets me do that just for the hell of it, which is good because I get twitchy otherwise. Plus, writing's always been an outlet for me, so I can use this space to dump whatever is in my head, whether it be a psychotic rant or something infinitely more positive.

2. To give people I know another window into my head and my life.

I believe that a blog can help you see who I am. Not just by keeping you updated on the important things that are shaping my life, though that's an important part, but also by letting you see how I look at the world and how I think.

3. To help me find the humour in life and continually remind myself that "the end is not yet."

That's why this blog is named what it is. For a long time last year I kept myself going by repeating to myself, "Fuck it. It don't matter. Move on." I was miserable and unhappy and self-destructive and I hated the world. This blog has helped me work through a lot of the ways of thinking that had been keeping me unhappy. A real shocker to me is that it's also improved the way I look at myself, though I don't want to get into it now. Perhaps in a later post.