« Home | Really freakin' tired » | I'm a ruler » | So tired » | Uh oh » | I'm undecided on this » | "Who then is a valid journalist?" » | This page will self destruct in three seconds... » | Flashes of first year » | Rushing through the day » | Time for bed » 

Saturday, March 27, 2004 

So apparently the CSA is angry at me

Or at least angry about an article I wrote that reported on how they responded to concerns from students at their Annual General Meeting last week.

Meh.

I mean, I sympathize. But it's not my job to make them look good. If they do something good, I'll report on it (and I have). If they do something bad, I'll call them on it (and I have). That's what news is about.

I think some of them thought I was their friend. Unfortunately, as much as I like and respect certain people in the CSA, we cannot be friends while I work at the paper and they're elected officials. If I do that, I risk forgetting where my loyalties lie. Too bad other people I work with don't follow the same principle.

Them not following that principle caused a problem this week that has left me considering doing the bare minimum to get through the remaining two issues. I can't talk about the reason here.