« Home | Rushing through the day » | Time for bed » | Smart ads worry me » | No more '(' or ')'! » | My evil plan » | Big surprise » | Seeking: henchpeople » | "Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war." » | I'm serious » | I hate my job » 

Friday, March 19, 2004 

Flashes of first year

My interview went well. My subject was one of those rare people who from one question can ramble on and tell you everything you need to know and were going to ask anyway. Most either ramble on about nothing relevant or require teethpulling techniques to get what you want.

His office was in the FACS building in the north end of campus. It's a gorgeous old red brick building with tons of character. The double doors at the front are heavy wood with expensive beveled glass. The front foyer leads to an old, solidly built wooden staircase that goes straight back, splits in two and doubles back on itself.

To get there I had to pass MacDonald Hall, the only all girl residence on campus. Highschool students from all over are doing campus tours today so some of the women living in Mac Hall were out front doing spirit cheers.

Mac Hall is what? Dynamite!
Mac Hall is what? Dynamite!
Mac Hall is tick-tick-tick-tick-BOOM! Dynamite!

Reminded me of Frosh Week back in first year.