« Home | How to be a villain » | Thank you Douglas Coupland » | It's not, "Thou shalt not kill." » | True, but... » | Oops » | Myers-Briggs meets Cupid » | Beer. Yuck. » | A different street » | The Hitch Hiker's Guide to this Discussion » | Gay marriages in the States » 

Saturday, March 06, 2004 

I'm not Edward Norton

When I was in University there were a group of girls who didn't know my name, so they called me 'the Edward Norton guy' because they thought I looked like him.

A number of other people in the last few years have said the same thing.

Last Friday I was at a party where a girl I had never met spent all the time that we talked saying some variety of, "My god! I can't believe how much like Edward Norton you look!"

Later, at the same party Nat said I didn't look like Norton, but that I do look like Wesley from Angel.

Tonight I was telling Shokes about the party last Friday and about the Norton stuff. He's never talked to Nat, but he said, "I don't see it [the resemblance to Norton]. Who you do look like is Wesley from Angel. Not stuffy, prissy Wes from the beginning, but Wes from recently after he went dark. Especially when you get kind of scruffy." Shokes has said this before. As have others.

Tonight I went to the bar with Shokes, Claire, Ryan and a bunch of their friends. At the end of the night, after they turned off the music, a waitress I'd never met came up to me and said, "Has anybody ever told you before that you look like Edward Norton?"

We chatted for a bit and she said I look like he did in The Perfect Score and The Italian Job and those kind of movies.

I don't see it.

Weird shit.