« Home | Myers-Briggs meets Cupid » | Beer. Yuck. » | A different street » | The Hitch Hiker's Guide to this Discussion » | Gay marriages in the States » | A snapshot » | Oops » | My apologies » | Relax. I'm alright. » | Staring through a windshield » 

Friday, March 05, 2004 

Oops

I love accidentally sharing too much. It's one of my favourite things in the world.

My roommates and I were talking about an episode of Sex and the City where Miranda was faking orgasms. Shokes and I admitted to having faked it before. Claire was a little surprised that guys could. I don't know why. Guys fake for the same reasons women do. Just not in the mood, or it's going on too long, or it's not actually going to happen. Not that it happens often. But anyway.

The conversation went into discussing the relative merits of male and female orgasms, with Shokes and I weighing in that while men have it fairly easy in terms of getting there, women 'get more bang for their buck.'

That was contested a little which led me to say something along the lines of, "Look, if a woman's orgasm can last for nearly two minutes..."

"Isn't that the upper range?"

"I guess, but I've personally seen it happen on a fairly regular..."

Sometimes you just share too much without realizing it.

It's like your mouth is motoring along without any concern for your internal censor, which hears what comes out of the mouth and goes, "Damnit, not again."

Maybe I need a seven second delay.

P.S. Yes, I'm aware I just shared the thing with you that I just poked fun at myself for sharing with my roommates. But there's a difference between sharing something like that to make a point and sharing something like that as a necessary element of a self-deprecating anecdote. I'm more comfortable with the latter.