« Home | How to bend people to your will » | "Die or live and be great" » | Welcome to my online mind » | Yeah, well I'm an emperor too! » | Death to Chatterbox » | Zoning out » | So apparently the CSA is angry at me » | Really freakin' tired » | I'm a ruler » | So tired » 

Monday, March 29, 2004 

Have I turned into a big ass-hole?

Ex number one emailed me out of the blue last week. We've been done and done for four years. She wants me to ask my dad for the name of the guy who heads up the HR department at his company so that she can apply for an internship there for her college program.

I've heard from her one other time in the last few years. This was to sponsor her in some mother-daughter fundraising walk she's doing with her mom.

I know two instances do not a pattern make, but it seems the only time I hear from this woman is when she wants something.

I tell her, sure I'll ask dad, so long as we're clear that it's just the name I'm getting for her. No vouches or good words.

I mean, come on. It's been four years. I've changed a lot in that time and would be shocked if she hadn't too. I'm not about to ask dad for something unless I'm clear what I'm asking him.

She emails me back saying, um, yeah, don't worry about it. I didn't think it'd be a problem or that you thought I'd expect the whole nine yards or blah-blah-blah.

I email her back saying, no skin off my nose either way. I just wanted to make sure I knew what she was asking for. If she lets it be an issue, that's her choice.

I'm not one to speak poorly of exs, but she always was really touchy.