« Home | "Die or live and be great" » | Welcome to my online mind » | Yeah, well I'm an emperor too! » | Death to Chatterbox » | Zoning out » | So apparently the CSA is angry at me » | Really freakin' tired » | I'm a ruler » | So tired » | Uh oh » 

Monday, March 29, 2004 

How to bend people to your will

So I'm compiling a piece that's to be part of a two page spread in this week's paper. To do it I sent an email to each commissioner of next year's executive committee on the CSA, asking them to respond to a question about how they're going to deal with student apathy next year. I told them I needed no more than 150 words and that I needed them by 4pm today. Everyone got me 150 words or less, with the last one coming in at 3:34pm.

That's unheard of. Ask for 150, expect 300. Ask for 4pm, expect 6pm.

Want to know how I did it?

I said that I'd cut every word from the 151st on. Even if it was the middle of the sentence.

I said that if it wasn't in by 4pm, it wasn't going in.

Nothing gets the results you want like threatening to show how stupid people actually are.