« Home | Excellent. Just excellent. » | E-mail pruning » | Just spent » | Charting your politics » | Grandmothers good for evolution » | My transcripts have left Guelph » | Another update » | Update » | The blog infection is spreading... » | The problem was not muscular » 

Friday, March 12, 2004 

Don't read this

I just found out that it was a kidney stone.

It passed. About 10 minutes ago. They gave me a bunch of strainers to urinate through and it was caught in the strainer.

It's a 3mm, beige crystal. It's all jagged edges. I have to bring it in for them to analyze. Something about figuring out how to adjust my diet to prevent it from happening again.

Apparently the painful part is when it's moving around and going into the bladder after having traveled through the ureter from the kidney.

Two word sounds to describe my reaction: "Phew" and "Yuck."