« Home | Thanks » | It's back » | Retreat! » | Emperor! » | Ahem » | Post more often » | It's snowing » | I'm no innocent (Villainy Project, Assignment 1) » | Labelling theory to the rescue » | Random background research » 

Monday, March 08, 2004 

The problem was not muscular

The pain got worse. It didn't go away. Claire took me to the Guelph ER at about 3am, where I stayed in a hospital bed all night. She stayed by my bedside all night too. X-rays, blood tests and a urine test. A continuous IV drip. Morphine every half hour or so. No sleep yet. Claire had to go to class, Shokes picked me up.

The pain has passed for the most part now. I have a perscription for Tylenol 3's. They're calling in the next day or two to book a dye test, whatever the hell that is.

They're thinking kidney stones. Apparently the closest a man can come to feeling the pain of childbirth.

Excellent.

I'll probably go into work for a bit this afternoon. I need to nap first though.