« Home | Update » | The blog infection is spreading... » | The problem was not muscular » | Thanks » | It's back » | Retreat! » | Emperor! » | Ahem » | Post more often » | It's snowing » 

Wednesday, March 10, 2004 

Another update

Well, my first experience today (it's still Tuesday as far as I'm concerned) was intense pain. I woke up to it. And then spent an hour waiting for my Tylenol 3's to kick in.

I had enough time to edit my section of the paper before they wore off. An hour early. The pain came back just as I was filing my section by email. It was all I could do to finish sending.

The next dose took effect quickly and I haven't had another spike since, though I get twinges if I twist the wrong way.

I spent a good chunk of the day watching Smallville on DVD. Shokes has the first season, which I watched the second half of. Research of Lex Luthor for the Villainy Project.

I've got a dye test tomorrow morning, which involves a dye being injected intravenously. It's filtered out of the blood by the kidneys and passes through to the bladder. A series of x-rays is taken to track the dye's progress and map any problems. Those who are interested in such things can find out more about the test, called an IVP, here.

Personally, I can't wait.