« Home | Spiritual purity by default. » | Restless as all hell » | "Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" » | *Cackles madly* » | I'm not Edward Norton » | How to be a villain » | Thank you Douglas Coupland » | It's not, "Thou shalt not kill." » | True, but... » | Oops » 

Sunday, March 07, 2004 

Cartoon villainy too psycho for Jacklin

Thanks to Jer for his link to the top 11 80's cartoon villains. If you watched cartoons in the 80's I highly recommend checking this out.

It was enough to convince me that cartoon villainy isn't for me. For those just tuning in, I've launched the 'villainy project', as Ian called it tonight. Basically, I'm looking at a bunch of fictional villains that have more fun doing what they do than anybody around them and reverse-engineering their approach to life for application to my own. Why? For the hell of it.

Now, you have to understand, I'm a university trained criminologist. I have the skills required.

First I need to narrow my sample set a little to make sure I'm looking at the group I want to look at. And as bad-ass as they are, cartoon villains just don't qualify. They're a little too frothy-mouthed for me. Not to mention their eccentric fashion sense. If you're not sure what I mean, check out Jer's blog and go to the site linked there.

So, tomorrow - today - I will look into comic book villains, novel villains, movie villains and television villains. I hope to narrow the pool down to only two forms of media.