« Home | Taking the frozen path » | Waiting for service... » | Not a review » | Think, don't panic » | Be kind to strangers » | A matter of principle » | Bio » | Water on Mars! » | Conflicting goals of criminal justice system » | Pocket explosives » 

Tuesday, February 03, 2004 

The point of this

Okay, so I've talked to a few friends who read yesterday's blog entries and were worried the world was ending. Do not worry.

This blog is for me to dump whatever is in my head when I need an outlet. Therefore, sometimes it will be like a personal essay, sometimes like a newspaper column, sometimes like a journal and sometimes like a psychotic rant.

I don't remember who it was, but someone once said that writing is basically like opening a vein and letting it flow. You can't be afraid of what's going to come out. To mix a metaphor, you can't pull your punches.

That's what this blog is for, though sometimes I will not or cannot go into details about my personal or professional life.