« Home | Not a review » | Think, don't panic » | Be kind to strangers » | A matter of principle » | Bio » | Water on Mars! » | Conflicting goals of criminal justice system » | Pocket explosives » | I spent twenty minutes in a blizzard waiting for a... » 

Monday, February 02, 2004 

Waiting for service...

So, I'm waiting for the Ontario colleges website to load it's log-in page. I've been trying for the last hour and having no luck. In fact, it's been taking so long that I thought I'd write an entry while I wait.

Looks like I've just caught a break. The log-in page just loaded.

Then again, maybe not.

OCAS' Online Services are currently busy

After typing in my username and password, it's told me they're having capacity problems and that I should try again later.

This is fucking marvelous, but shouldn't be a god-damned surprise.

Today is the deadline for equal consideration for all those applying to any Ontario colleges. If you apply after today, then you get put on a waiting list. I'm applying for Humber's journalism program.

Let's try getting in again.

Processing...

I'll process you, you fucking piece of software.

And now there's just a blank screen. Great.

So why didn't I apply before now? I had a rather large job application due Friday afternoon. It took far more time to complete than it should have. Then, when I finished, I'd spent my ambition and didn't fucking care anymore. Which has me scrambling on Monday morning.

Can you tell that I'm in a bad mood?

Tentative success. I'm in...

The troubles with today's application aren't the cause of the bad mood, but they surely aren't helping.

And I'm in no fucking mood to write about the causes for my mood.

Fuck it. This post is over.