« Home | Dropping from the sky? » | Bush to name impartial commission » | Hmmm... » | Guelph sizzling » | Oxygen found on extrasolar planet » | Disjointed and craving » | Calvin="Jack", Hobbes=Tyler Durden » | The point of this » | Taking the frozen path » | Waiting for service... » 

Saturday, February 07, 2004 

Grinding my teeth

I just woke from a dream.

In it, I'm doing an endless online application for a job I'm not sure I want. But the text I can't make out and end up guessing what boxes to check. And there's so much that I'm stuck there scrolling down forever. At one point I'm so frustrated that I try to erase my answers with a pencil eraser. It works, but when I go to brush away the bits of eraser from the screen they won't come away. They're a part of the online application, which is now smudged from being erased. The smudge moves up the screen as I try to scroll down to the next part of the application.