« Home | Pain's end » | Crime & related links » | My name is Aaron, and I am an introvert. » | Where'd all the time go? » | Batman! » | Isn't this fun » | Legal opium field? » | 5 things about gun control laws » | Rhetorical questions about sounds » | Wow » 

Thursday, November 17, 2005 

What does it feel like when your soul is dying?

Last winter semester I covered crime in Rexdale for the campus paper. That's basically Jane and Finch. I covered murders, muggings and the rest in the lead-up to what became the "Year of the Gun" or whatever nauseating tagline has been attached to this statistical blip in Toronto this year. But the real fun came this fall when the crime rate continued to spike. The reporter on that beat now is getting all sorts of excellent stories.

And I'm jealous and antsy because I'm missing out.