« Home | Wow » | Changes, part two » | Changes, part one » | Bad mood » | Where time stops » | I wanna bomb the pyramids » | On this date a year ago » | Book meme, from Ian » | Batman » | Caught in the headlights » 

Thursday, September 15, 2005 

Rhetorical questions about sounds

My voice

When I address groups it sounds (inside my head) like I'm shouting. Sometimes the volume inside my head almost hurts. So I'm always bewildered when someone invariably pipes up and says, "We can't hear you." How can there be such a discrepancy between the volume inside and outside my head?

Turn signals

They make a clicking noise! A damn loud one too. Why can't drivers hear them and clue in to the fact they've had a blinker on for five minutes? If their hearing is poor, why don't they know this and check to make sure the blinker goes off when it should?