« Home | Random thoughts » | So far, a success » | Happy Halloween! » | They're back » | You know what happens when you assume... » | It happened again » | Here's the deal » | Let's be clear on something here » | There is no wrong answer » | Can't let it pass without comment » 

Monday, November 01, 2004 

Blast this cursed inertia

It's noon. I've done nothing. But dear god do I have a lot to do.

The weekend was excellent. Friday I went drinking for the pure hell of it and cut loose for a change. Saturday I got together with a bunch of people, got dressed up for Halloween (thanks Laura!) and went to the Dance Cave. Sunday, I watched television and lazed around for much of the day with the girls downstairs.

All of that built up some fearsome inertia.

This morning I read. I talked on MSN. I read blogs. That's it.

All I feel like doing is crawling back into bed with a book and spending the rest of the day there. Thank god I have no classes Mondays.

So crawl in my head as I puzzle out what I want to do for the rest of this day and motivate myself to do it.

It's Monday, so I need to get some exercise in. I took last Wednesday off and nearly took Friday off too. Didn't though. Managed to rescue what was left late in the day by putting in 72 storeys on the stairs and nearly killing myself with situps and pushups.

I have a huge pile of laundry and will have no time to do it later this week, so I should do that today.

I have a fair amount of homework. I've got to write a query letter for magazine class for an article I haven't decided the topic of. I've also got to track down a woman in the municipal government in a small town in northern Ontario so I can interview her for my news reporting class sometime this week.

It's also Christen's birthday, so Jer and I are going to get together with her later to do stuff.

I also need to clean my room before I go mad.

Okay, here's the plan for the day. (I know you don't really care. I also don't really care that you don't really care. You can stop reading if you want.)

First, I'm going to shave. It's such a simple task that it should be easy to start my assault on inertia with. Maybe then I'll do dishes.

Once I've got some momentum going, I'll sort my laundry and put the first load in. Maybe even two at once.

Riveting, eh?

While the laundry is going, I'll run the stairs, do calisthenics and spend some time stretching as the shaking wears off. It's not a bad shaking. It's the kind you get after pushing yourself nearly as far as you can go before stopping.

When I finish a quick shower, I'll get a bite to eat.

Then I'll hop online and track down that government administrator. Figure out what I want to ask her. Maybe send a preliminary email asking for a time that I could speak to her. Though it would be better just to call. I'll see what I feel like.

At some point, Christen will call and we'll figure out when we're going to get together and who will make the long commute (her to here, or us to there).

Then I will figure out which article I'm going to write for magazine class. Then write a quick query letter rough draft that I don't care about and can make beautiful over the course of the week.

Then I'll crank Metallica and clean my room.

Okay, I figure I've got at least three hours before Christen calls. Time to get moving.

For a minute there I'd forgotten you don't have classes on Monday, and I was a bit worried...

Post a Comment