« Home | I now feel much better about the grammar test Humb... » | One good thing came of this year » | Kids are funny » | Bu-bye facial hair » | Foul tasting beverages » | Fuck you computer » | In Guelph 'till tomorrow » | Grin and bear it » | I have messed up dreams » | The Code: Women and Dating » 

Saturday, April 10, 2004 

To random nights!

I love random nights. You know the kind. They're the ones where you don't have anything planned, but something comes up, which leads to something else, which... You get the picture.

Wednesday was one of those, and it actually started at about 1:30 in the afternoon.

I had gone in to clean up my desk a little when Shannon dropped by with her cousin to kidnap me. We went next door to the Brass Taps (A.k.a. "the keg"), for a drink and some conversation. Then Ashley bought us each another drink and we talked some more. Then I went to buy us each another drink and Shannon asked if the drink was for her birthday, which was the previous week. I felt awful, but she wasn't upset.

As I was paying for the drinks, Ian dropped by and I bought him a beer. We all sat down and talked for a while. Jer finished work and joined us. Had a beer. The girls left. Jer and Ian played some pool. I left to use the washroom and email Steph, asking her to the Grad Lounge for five. I went back, watched them finish their game and then Jer left. Going to Toronto, I think.

Ian and I played some pool and headed up to the Grad Lounge for the last philosophy society of the year. One of Ian's profs was buying students pitchers of beer, so there were a ton of people there.

Christa, an attractive science student who often goes to philosophy society, was slogging away at a photocopied crossword from the Star and I leaned in to try to help. Emphasis on the word 'try.' I'd had enough to drink already that the crossword was a little beyond my abilities.

Steph stopped by briefly, saying she couldn't stay long. She bought a beer, stopped to say hello to Dave and Erinn, came over to sit beside me, finished the beer and had to go.

The crossword ended with me deciding we had to cheat. The Grad Lounge has four computers, which we used to search for the right words. On the way back to the philosophy people, Christa found another crossword.

We all went down to the keg, the crossword was finished and we all talked and drank and I settled into an excellent mood. James, another philosophy society person, showed up. Ian seemed to be enjoying himself, having received a great mark on the essay he'd written for the prof who was buying people beer.

Eventually the decision was made to go downtown, with the philosophy people opting for mildly illicit drugs at someone's house and Ian, James, Christa and I choosing the Albion instead. I had another drink, we continued shooting the shit and polished off two plates of onion rings before catching the last bus to our respective homes.