« Home | Yeck » | American joke » | More space stuff » | Asteroid close call » | "Which of these things isn't like the others? Whi... » | Resurrection » | This makes me wonder » | Interesting » | Hyde said it before you did... » | I've been reading too much tech news lately » 

Thursday, February 26, 2004 

Twiddling my thumbs into lunacy

It's gorgeous outside. The sun's blazing, the sky's blue and the god-forsaken snow is melting.

I'm at the newspaper waiting for the editorial meeting. And I'm bored out of my skull. Restless as hell too.

Emma's feeling a bit of it too.

"I think it's the weather," she just said to me. "Doesn't it make you just want to..."

She paused for a second, bouncing slightly.

"...I don't know, just DO something?"

I laughed and said yes.

Just do something. Anything. Anything at all but what I'm doing. This year feels like a complete waste.

I've got six weeks left here. Then four months and then college hopefully for two years and then a job.

Lovely isn't it? Today's just an 'x' on the calendar. I don't remember when that wasn't the case.

No wonder I've been saying for as long as I can remember that life is just about killing time. To myself of course. You don't say stuff like that outloud too often unless you want to start worrying people.