« Home | Interesting » | Hyde said it before you did... » | I've been reading too much tech news lately » | Digital planet » | None of the other sandwiches look any good » | I got tired of it » | Q's latest toy: lie-detecting sunglasses » | Bone phone » | More RoboSnail » | RoboSnail » 

Tuesday, February 24, 2004 

This makes me wonder

A report by the UN's refugee agency reveals that the number of asylum seekers arriving in the world's richest 36 countries fell by 20% overall... The UNHCR attributes the drop to improved conditions in countries such as the former Yugoslavia and Afghanistan.
- 'asylum applications fall by 20%'; bbc online; tuesday, february 24
I want to comment on this, but first I need to learn more about immigration and refugees to make sure I'm not talking out of my ass. Give me a few days.