« Home | Public ignorant of computers? » | Insomnia sucks » | Repeat after me, 'correlation does not imply causa... » | Photographer's image used in bid to discredit Kerry » | Weird » | No comment » | From the ER waiting room, part two: Saturday telev... » | Was waiting for this » | Er...? » | All things considered » 

Thursday, February 19, 2004 

Life without Google?

Having made it my New Year resolution to break my addiction to Google and get better at searching the web, I have spent the last couple of weeks looking at the state of search and alternative places to go.
- 'finding what you want on the web'; bbc online; friday, january 2
In a previous article on the same topic, the writer - BBC's Bill Thompson - points out that he teaches his journalism students never to rely on only one source, online or off. And that includes search engines.

That's when I realized I use Google almost exclusively.

I'm going to start experimenting with some of the engines suggested in the above link. Look for links to them nearby.