« Home | Repeat after me, 'correlation does not imply causa... » | Photographer's image used in bid to discredit Kerry » | Weird » | No comment » | From the ER waiting room, part two: Saturday telev... » | Was waiting for this » | Er...? » | All things considered » | Bush good for something » | Lies, all lies » 

Wednesday, February 18, 2004 

Insomnia sucks

I can't sleep.

Yes, it's only 11:44 pm. But two hours ago I was nodding off in front of the television so I thought I'd go to bed. Big mistake. I may be the only person I know who goes to bed to wake up.

I spent far longer than twenty minutes tossing and turning and trying to slow my mind down. I can often do it. I couldn't tonight. It just kept going, racing from one thought to another. I finally had to get up.

Twenty minutes? Oh, that's the maximum amount of time you're supposed to lie awake before getting up to do something else for a bit and then try again.

This is the 'something else.'

Wish me luck.