« Home | Life without Google? » | Public ignorant of computers? » | Insomnia sucks » | Repeat after me, 'correlation does not imply causa... » | Photographer's image used in bid to discredit Kerry » | Weird » | No comment » | From the ER waiting room, part two: Saturday telev... » | Was waiting for this » | Er...? » 

Friday, February 20, 2004 

I have a Mafia landlord

Not really. My landlord is actually a corporation ran by a very well-mannered, middle-aged guy.

My housemates and I are moving out at the end of April. This means we have to give notice by the end of this month, which we haven't done yet.

The night before last I dreamt that we hadn't given notice in time. I was upstairs. I walk downstairs and am startled by a large man with very little neck between his head and torso. He stands in the front hall in a dark suit.

"We hear you think you're moving out?" he says.

"Uh..."

"You didn't give notice," he says.

"My housemate was going..."

"It's not going to happen," he says.

"But..."

"And you're not gonna try," he says.

"Uh..."

His eyes go dead.

"Understand?" he asks.

The dream changes and I'm somewhere else.