« Home | The House » | The Cast » | "Who can say what is good and what is bad." » | That's strange... » | Who can say? » | Lies » | Bush's brilliance » | Noises in the dark » | All gone » | Fuck it. I choose being happy. » 

Friday, February 13, 2004 

The Blood

My parents and sister are Jim, Trudy and Kelly, respectively.

Dad is probably the toughest and nicest man I know, though he and I butted heads a fair amount when I was a teenager. He's been through shit I can't even imagine and has worked a job he's hated for the majority of his adulthood for the sake of his family. I love and respect him more than I can articulate.

Mom I take after in a lot of ways. We're very similar in temperament, outlook and interests. She - and dad - are supportive almost to a fault. When I broke up with Bronwyn - the last "love of my life" - it was harder to tell her than anyone else. She's had more heartache than anybody else I've known and hasn't let it grind her down.

Kelly is quite possibly the funniest woman I know. She is sweet, smart and tough. Nobody else I know can tell a story so well that I end up near tears in laughter. She knows me so well that she can slice me open or stitch me back together with a mere handful of words. And she has a better head on her shoulders than most people I know.