« Home | Clouds across the sky » | All day » | New Blog » | Global anger » | For those who've all but given up checking... » | Google just blew my mind. Again. » | One more » | Fun meme » | "I'm slapping Rolls-Royce engines into untested fl... » | Real honour » 

Saturday, September 02, 2006 

"What? You haven't peaked yet?"

Rocky Balboa.

Can't fucking wait.

aww man, i've been waiting for this movie for almost a year! I've been following everything about it...

it's been a frequent topic of conversation on my blog for a while now.. frequent meaning i've mentioned it a few times.

and apparently this one is actually GOOD....

shall I tell you about Rambo 4? :P

I think your first reference on your blog was the first time I'd heard about the project. I've been a Rocky fan since I was a little kid and going to see this movie will probably be my Christmas present to myself.

It does look like this one's going to be better than the last.

Quick, which is your favourite?

I have never seen a Rocky movie; this is the first one that looks like it could be at all interesting. But it looks very interesting. And come on, who doesn't love the trainer raving about "blunt force trauma"?

Also, any chance you've heard "The Champ" by Ghostface? Originally it sampled Rocky's trainer, although the album version has someone else saying the lines for legal reasons.

rocky's trainer = Duke.. or Mickey if you by the first 3.

my fave of the 5? I'm a sucker for the 4th movie.. just because the fight is so freakin' unrealistic... and Drago's black heart made him a great character.. "If he dies, he dies."

granted, the "cheers now for Rocky Balboa!" line where russia actually starts to cheer for rocky is kinda hard to take, but if you suspend that part of your belief and just tell yourself this is a boxing movie.. then it's a little easier to accept.

the best all around movie though I'd say would have to be the first.. but then again it's been so long since I've seen the second one that i cant really say for sure.. the third movie was, to me, just a cash grab.. same with the 5th... not bad movies, but didn't really fit in with the rest of the series..

"...but if you suspend that part of your belief and just tell yourself this is a boxing movie.. then it's a little easier to accept."

this part wasn't really what i meant... what i mean is if you just tell yourself it's an *action* movie, then it makes it easier..

besides, i think the figut would have been just as powerful.. maybe even more so... if he didn't win over the russian hearts in the end...

i think that movie would have ended better with drago still getting the chants from the crowd throughout the fight, but when rocky wins at the end perhaps a standing "o" then, just as a sign of respect.

meh.. all 5 movies are campy as hell... and i love 'em. cant wait for 6.

I agree: "Blunt force trauma"? Awesome. Never heard "The Champ". Want to now though.

Kyle, I actually agree with you almost point for point about the series. I hadn't thought about the Russian crowd before, but I think that would have been a good choice. Plus, Rocky's little speech at the end of the 4th was a little hard to take too.

My favourite is 4, though I also liked 3. The first, I agree, is probably the best overall film. I think I need to see the second again. The fifth was entertaining, but unsatisfying as a final round which is why I'm so glad they're doing this one.

rocky's speech at the end of 4 was over the top, but so was everything else about the movie... 2470psi from a human punch? come on...even if it was from a russian...

there's no way Mr. T (or clubber lang, whichever) could ever be a boxer.. his swipes take a week and a half to land on target.. by then an experienced boxer could have taken him to the woodshed...

one of the best parts about the series is if you watch part 1 through to part 5, the landed punching sound effects get progressively louder and louder..

I hear for part 6 they've decided to use the sonic boom created by a roundhouse kick from chuck norris for the punching sound effect.....

Post a Comment