« Home | Baby steps, baby steps » | Redesign » | So long » | 15 minute free write » | She's back » | Tomorrow » | Pulling away: Part three » | Pulling away: Part two » | Pulling away: Part one » | A little close to the vest » 

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 

There must be a better solvent

It's just after 6 a.m. and I'm on my third cup of tea.

The writer's block seems to have dissolved and the article is finally on its way. Wonder what it means that it took the passing of the deadline, another wasted night procrastinating, four restless hours of unconsciousness and three cups of tea to get to this point?

I have a theory. Perhaps it's not so much that I lack motivation. Maybe what I lack is energy.

And maybe there's a better way of getting it than by sleep deprivation, frustration and caffeine.

But that's a thought for later. Right now I have an article to finish.