« Home | Couldn't have said it better » | No, sunshine and rainbows wouldn't fit the template » | Public service announcement » | "The photographer was the abuser" » | Poor sad cat » | Question: What happens when it's all gone? » | Week three: hallway sprinter » | The Code: Drinking (revised) » | The Code: Drinking » | No laundry today » 

Saturday, May 15, 2004 

Troy debrief

Loved it.

I studied the Illiad in Classical Mythology three years ago. I studied Greek military tactics in War and Society at about the same time.

Yes, Peterson changed some stuff. Yes, he played with the characters and the timelines.

It all worked.

I went in expecting a fun movie. That's what I got.

The acting was solid, the characters were likeable and the fight scenes blew me away.

The fight scene between Pitt's Achilles and Bana's Hector was breathtaking. I can't remember ever seeing such a beautiful, balletic and brutal choreography between two characters that I actually liked.

See it. But enjoy it or not for what it is, not what you thought it should be because of its source material.