« Home | Holy shit » | I have a home? » | My latest rant: Stop calling it 'honour'! » | This doesn't make me uneasy » | The bane of tomorrow: Make-up hackers » | Snow! » | HIV/AIDS » | 'The mission is what matters' » | Blogs and journals I visit... » | For anyone interested in the context of the previo... » 

Saturday, December 11, 2004 

....Brains!

Why do people my age still think it's fun to go to bars and poison themselves? Why am I one of them?

I'm a zombie today as a result.

"The sway of alcohol over mankind is unquestionably due to its power to stimulate the mystical faculties of human nature, usually crushed to earth by the cold facts and dry criticisms of the sober hour. Sobriety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites and says yes."
William James

I like that quotation quite a bit.

I was hoping (and thinking) you would.

Post a Comment